Sunday, September 30, 2012

PVVNL Noida Electricity Meter Ownership Transfer Process

What are the chances that you are visiting a government office and your work will get processed smoothly without any extra round to office or without paying any bribe? Most of us would say 0%. Well things are changing for sure. Recently I purchased a flat in Sector 49, Noida. It was a resale property and after I finished ownership transfer formalities it was time to have electricity meter ownership transfered to my name from previous owner. Firstly, I wasn't aware of the entire process, so I searched PVVNL website and got some basic information about the process. Luckily, my friend knew a person who was aware of this process so he explained it to me in detail. Following documents are required for this:-

1. Ownership transfer form dully filled in
2. An affidavit from previous owner stating that he/she does not have any objection to ownership transfer.
3. Copy of sale deed.
4. Copy of latest month bill and payment receipt.
5. Original and copy of electricity connection security receipt.

I got the ownership transfer form from Sector 39 office. Once I had all these documents ready I went to sector 39 electricity office to submit the application. The person sitting there checked my application and said that it will be submitted in Sector 108 office (around 8-10 KM on greater Noida expressway). I spoke to previous owner and he said that I should try in Sector 47 office as he pays his bills there. So I went there and again response was same - it will be done in Sector 108 office. I said fine lets go to Sector 108 office. I reached there around 11 AM. Already there was a queue of around 10-15 people waiting for somebody who takes care of this stuff in the office - that guy hasn't reached office till now! I waited for 15-20 mins and then asked in the office whether this is office where meter connection transfer application is submitted. The person informed that this can be done in Sector 18 customer care center as well (which is hardly 2-3 KM from my starting point i.e. Sector 39 office).

Ahhh...I was so frustrated by now that I wanted to get this done through a middle man although that will cost me extra. I spoke to a electricity department employee and guess what  the amount he quoted - Rs 5000!!! The official fee for ownership transfer is Rs 200 only. Finally I thought that this is government department man and you haven't tried enough! Lets have few more rounds. I decided to visit Sector 18 customer care center and reached there around 11:45 AM. A different kind of experience was awaiting me. Office is located just above the PNB bank building near metro station in Sector 18 Market. There was no rush in the office. Man sitting on the gate gave me a token and directed towards counter no 2. Lady on counter no 2 was very courteous. She checked my documents and within 10 mins the whole process was done!!! Man it was such a relief and such an amazing experience. No middle man, no bribe and such a professional environment. Really appreciate this initiative by PVVNL. Go experience it yourself and stop paying bribe unnecessarily.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for taking this chance to speak about this, Personally i think strongly regarding it and I make use of learning about this subject. When possible, as you gain data, please update this website with new information. I've found it extremely useful.

Ravinder Singh, PMP said...

Thanks for your feedback. I just share what I experience doing day-to-day tasks hoping that the information can help somebody out there. Glad you find it useful.

Anonymous said...

Precisely how have you figure all of this out relating to this topic? I enjoyed scanning this, Ill must visit other pages on your own site straight away.

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you ever been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The full glance of your web site is excellent, as neatly as the content!

Anonymous said...

Hi just wanted to say that I like your article very much. Please keep up the good posts Thanks a ton! and Have a good day

Anonymous said...

It's hard to find knowledgeable people about this subject, but you seem like you know what you're talking about!
Thanks
Also see my page :: watch dora the explorer episodes

Anonymous said...

whoah this weblog is fantastic i love reading your posts. Stay up the great work!
You know, lots of individuals are searching round for this
info, you can aid them greatly.

Take a look at my blog Kris Letang Black Jersey

Ashish Raj Srivastava said...

Hi Ravinder,

Thanks for this valuable information.

I was asked by Electricity dept staff to have two affidavits, one as NOC by previous owner and second on behalf of myself, my concern is what is the value of stamp paper i should be using for both of these affidavits. they didnt mentioned anything about it.

and also can you help me with the format of affidavits..

Thank you so much in advance.

Ravinder Singh, PMP said...

@Ashish, Glad that my blog helped you some way.

To be safe please get stamp paper of Rs 100 for each affidavits. Format is simple enough, from previous owner side it will like I am selling my property located at the address to Mr. [new owner]. I have received full payment and ownership transfer has been done. I have no objection to transfer of electricity meter to the new owner. From your side it will be like I am purchasing property located at the address from [previous owner name] and I have made all the payments and registry has been done.

You don't have to worry about the format, when you go to any local court for getting the stamp paper there you can contact any typist and tell them that you want to have electricity meter transferred from previous owner to you. They are aware of each and every format.

ads said...

Hi,
My queries:

1- From where to get the Ownership transfer form?
2-What if the Original copy of electricity connection security receipt is not there?
3- What if the seller has left the country and I cant have his signature on the stamp paper (NOC)? (of course his sign can be forged-- but is it verified or it is just a formality, after all, i am attaching the Registry copy of the house also which say that now i am the owner)
Please revert..
Aseem

Ravinder Singh, PMP said...

@Ads:
1. You can get this from customer center which is near sector 18 metro station above PNB.
2. You can submit an affidavit in that case I guess but not sure. You can confirm this from the customer care center.
3. I guess its formality only and not verified so strictly.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if Ghazibad people can approach noida autority for this transfer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, it is really helpful. By any chance do you know the working hours for the customer care in Noida sector 18.